noise receptor journal issue no.6
noise receptor continues its adventures into the physical world, where this print venture constitutes the physical manifestation of the noise receptor website, but also contains new interview and art content to differentiate it from the already published web-based reviews.
Whilst noise receptor journal is not intended to replace the website, it is however targeted at an audience who values the permanence of print media over the transience of web-content.
Details of content and format of the noise receptor journal issue no.6 as follows:
- In depth interviews with: Death In June (exclusive), Detrimental Effect, Kevlar & Prurient/ Hospital Productions
- Detailed article on Genocide Organ’s :CIVILIZATION: (including pages of archival live images)
- Tesco Organisation 30th Anniversary festival report (including pages of live photos)
- Cold Meat Industry 30th Anniversary festival report (including pages of live photos)
- Collage artwork by Dominick Fernow (Prurient)
- 70+ in depth music reviews (ambient/ industrial/ experimental / power electronics etc.)
- A5 Format.
- Professional grey-scale print. ‘perfect bound’ spine, with matt laminate, thick card stock cover.
- 114 pages in length.
- Limited to 600 copies.
Copies available via: http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com (sold out):
International distribution: includes the following:
- USA: Malignant Records, Analog Worship, Cloister Recordings, Tesco Distro, Material World (instore NYC), Fantastique
- UK: Cold Spring Records, Hagshadow, Unrest Productions
- Germany: Tesco Organisation, The Epicurean, Deutsch Asphalt, Total Black, Schattenmann’s Zine Zone
- Finland: Freak Animal, Aural Hypnox, Filth&Violence
- Sweden: Tordon Ljud
- France: Steelwork Machine
- Canada: Scream & Writhe
- Bulgeria: Amek Collective
- Italy: Old Europa Cafe
- Spain: Deadmoon Records
Australian distribution via:
- Metropolis Bookshop, Melbourne
Low quality resolution ‘promo’ spreads (i.e. with text being unreadable), from issue no.6 are included below.
NOTE: Due to a glitch in InDesign, one the text panels in the Detrimental Effect interview was inadvertently excluded from the print version of the magazine. This has now been fixed and the corrected pages/ complete interview can be downloaded here: DetrimentalEffectInterview
A ‘print ink’ friendly version (i.e. black text on white with no images) has also been produced and can be downloaded here: DetrimentalEffectInterview(PrintFriendly)
Both versions can be printed as a double sided A4 landscape document, then folded in half so it can be kept with issue No.6 as an insert.